Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Evvie's Sugar & Spice

Evvie Jane: Dainty, beautiful, soft, happy, smiley, patient, clingy, proud, petite, curious, smart,determined, tall, strong. 



Our sweet little girl deserves a post of her own as well.  I love the dynamic that our two babies share. Evvie Jane is truly the "sugar and spice and everything nice" in our home. She balances Will's craziness and brings a calm and happy spirit into our home.. I do however believe Evvie has a bit of a wild side to her like all of her Higbee aunts! She gets in these moods every now and then where she just squeals and screams with excitement and laughs uncontrollably at anything we do. Like I said, I credit it to the Higbee blood in her. 


 She thinks she is hilarious. She has perfected a dry, fake laugh. You can totally tell it's fake. She laughs whenever she thinks something is funny, or if sees us laughing. If she ever sneezes then you can count on  a fake laugh to follow. It is so cute!
 She still has zero teeth and she is 13 months old! We just hope that there are teeth in there somewhere. The dentist told me to worry when she is 16 months and there are no teeth still. That gives us 3 months!

She still loves touching our faces,  and if for some reason while I'm holding her and she isn't touching my face, or digging her fingers around my collar bones, then it just doesn't seem right. I guess I have gotten used to her fingers always making their way to my facial features!

 She is obsessed with clothes, and loves it when we put her in her Elmo pajamas. I don't even like Elmo.. But I find myself buying them Elmo things because they love him. She will somehow always find the pajamas. Sometimes they are in her drawer, in the laundry, or on the floor. Then she holds them in her dainty hands as she searches for Elmo's face with her long, skinny fingers. Once she finds him, she squeals with excitement and drags them around with her wherever she goes.

She is scared of men. Except for Lance and her Grandpas. She also loves her mother which makes me happy! Whenever she sees me she stretches both arms out as far as she can reaching for me. If I ever walk by, those outstretched arms follow we across the room. I love it, but it also make me feel horrible if  I can't pick her up at that time.

She has tiny feet. Like right now she is wearing size 6 month old shoes! I have no idea where she got that from.. Not from her Mama! She loves exploring and pulling herself up to anything she can. It is hard for her to settle down for naps nowadays because she can't help but stand up in her crib as soon as she is laid down. She is still not walking, but can walk pushing her stroller by herself! 

I love watching Evvie explore and learn new things. She finds joy in the smallest of things. Playing peek-a-boo, kicking her legs like crazy while sitting (as shown below), dancing, feeding anyone, seeing ducks, splashing, bubbles, opening and closing a book, pulling herself up (followed by a proud, cheesy grin, and a look that says she is waiting for my praise and applause because of what she just did), pulling everything out of my cupboards, her bird mobile, tickling Will, and seeing her Daddy come through the door. 

  
She is truly an answer to prayers. After being told by a doctor that I would most likely never get pregnant, she is proof that Heavenly Father gave us our own little miracle. I love being her Mother and thank God everyday for this opportunity. Evvie and Will have made me realize what is really important in life and have given me the opportunity to serve and to grow in so many ways. I really believe that becoming a mom is the most unselfish thing you can do.  Once your a mom all of your past hobbies and interests get put on the back burner. Although I find myself with a much different body than before, a decreased social life, and a house that has millions of tiny little crumbs and mismatched socks all over the floor, I can't imagine my life without them and already dread the day when they move away.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Her pictures are GORGEOUS!! Love Her!!

Marc, Janelle, Brax & Millie said...

She is gorgeous!!! You are such a great mom! Your kids are so cute!

Woodward Family said...

Wow Anne so Cute!!! I love all the pictures of them and you did such a good job at describing them! I miss them!!!

Collin and Danny said...

Oh my, this girl is just gorgeous! Her outfits are darling, and the pics are amazingly done. So precious. You have the cutest family ever! I hope you don't mind that I saw your blog from someone else's... and now, I will be blog stalking you.