Thursday, November 12, 2009

Here we come OREGON!!

Well, Here we come Oregon!! We finally decided on Pacific University in Forest Grove Oregon! Lance is going to go to Optometry school! We will leave this coming Aug! The school takes 4 years to complete, then I have no idea where we will end up! This is quite the adventure for us both, (especially me) and we are really, excited, nervous, anxious, happy, scared, thrilled, but most of all excited for this little adventure. It's kind of crazy imagining myself living there when I haven't even been to the state of Oregon!! I hear it's gorgeous up there though!!




Lance will be a Boxer!!The school mascot is a Boxer.. What is a Boxer you might ask?? Well, some sort of made up, mythical Chinese creature that is supposed to be very fierce.. Interesting....











Forest Grove: A city of 20,000 located 24 miles west of Portland, Oregon, a vibrant metropolitan area with a population of 2 million. Surrounded by the rich and productive farmlands of the Tualatin Valley, Forest Grove offers urban amenities in a striking rural setting.




Im kind of excited that we will be living in a small town, but only 30 minutes from Portland and close to the beach as well! I am so proud of Lance.. It is a hard thing to get into Optometry school and he got accepted into a great one!! I don't know how I got such a smart husband!! Quite an adventure we have in front of us!!


Most of all, I'm excited because our awesome friends TJ and Heather Peterson live up there as well! TJ is going to pharmacy school up there at the same school! Built in friends already!




13 comments:

Petersen's said...

this post just made my day!!!! I love that you guys will be up here in just a short while! We will have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

You have too been to Oregon. We played basketball there! More than one game too!

kadeandmaddie said...

Congrats! That will be great for you guys. I might have to come and visit. I've always wanted to travel up there.

Charlie and Cassie said...

Congrats! Oregon is beautiful! How exciting, good luck with everything!

Jared said...

Congrats you guys. I am so excited for you. I bet you are going to love it. I have also heard it's beautiful.

AMY said...

congrats you guys! That is gonna be so great. Lance you are awesome for getting accepted. Im so excited for you guys. Love you

Kristi Barnes said...

Let me tell you as a home-grown Oregonian....you'll LOVE it! I grew up just about 80 miles south of Forest Grove, so if you get too homesick you can visit my family! Congratulations...we really need to get together again soon.

Nilsson Family said...

I am so happy for you, this will be so fun!! We will come see you for sure. And Anne I don't think you give yourself enough credit, you will do great! Love ya

WESTWOOD'S said...

I know this sounds totally lame, but Wade and I love this show so YEAH!! you will be living close to where Little People Big World live. Ha Ha!

Unknown said...

Good for you guys!!! Kevin and I lived in Eugene for almost 3 years and absolutely LOVED it! (Lots of rain, and some serious hippies! LOL) What an amazing adventure! (This is Lance's cousin Di (Higbee)Walker

Whitney Shurtz said...

Anne.....congrats!!! I am so excited for you!!! Tell your hubby congrats as well!! We'll have to take a girls trip up to see you!

Kade and Kaylee said...

Anne!! I came across your blog and wanted to say Hello! Forever ago my mom told me that you and your husband might be looking into Midwestern University for his schooling (she probably heard it from your mom) anyway...I was hoping that you two might end up in AZ with us at that school! No such luck. Oregon will be amazing though!

Andrea said...

Scott told me you guys were moving up here, we live in Tualatin, like right outside Portland. You'll love it, it's so green and there's green grass in the winter and it almost never snows! It does rain a lot in the winter but I'll take that over snow. It's mostly just cloudy or drizzling. The days are like 50 degrees or above, it's been the best winter! Traffic in Portland sucks but probably not where you'll be living.