Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break!


Our Spring break/Late honey moon was AMAZING! We spent a whole week together in Kaui and we wish we could go back to the nice weather!We did alot of really fun things and our vacation was anything BUT relaxing!! We really didn't spend much time layin on the beach at all! We went on 3 hikes, a kyak expedition and much, much more! We were completly worn out by the end of the day! Here are some fun pictures showing what we did. I tried to create a really cute picture above, but Lance INSISTED that his foot be in it for some odd reason... He figured that since I drew the heart, he should be able to have a part in it too... Looks like he got his way! :)





















We rented a kayak for the day and set off on the Waiulua River! We kyaked about 2 miles then did a hike to the "secret falls" that weren't so secret! It was SOOO muddy on the hike we ended up going barefoot almost the whole way! I have never been so muddy! It was the kind of mud that you would slide around in, making it very difficult to walk:) On the hike out we decided to make the best of the mud situation as you can tell....

































This was my favorite day! We rode on a zodiac and toured the Goregous Na Pali Coast! It honestly is unreal.. I would say the prettiest place I have ever seen. Kaui is so beautiful! This is where alot of movies have been filmed like Jurrasic Park, a James Bond movie.. Raiders of the lost tomb etc... The boat was real bumpy and because of weight distribution Lance and I couldn't sit by each other.. Poor Lance though was surrounded by two girls throwing up into the ocean!! Nevertheless he recovered! The best part was when we saw whales! They actually swam right under our boat! They were huge, and it was so interesting to see them so close! I have alot of pictures, but I liked this one the best cause in it you can see the belly of it. The turquoise part in the water is the underneath of the whale! So cool! THEN, we ran into a pack of 200+ dolphin!!! They were so playful and chasing our boat! It was so cool to look out and see so many dolphin jumping at the same time! It definately was an amazing day!
























































Kaui has SO many neat waterfalls! Here is Opeka'a Falls. As you can see, Lance doesn't follow the Hawaiin rules.







































This is the gorgeous Waimai Canyon! I don't know if I'm spelling these right by the way... We hiked out to see this amazing lookout and a 300 ft waterfall! These pictures don't even do it justice honestly! We also found a spot to have a Hawaiian Picnic! It was so much fun!









































Another hike we did.. This is the beginnging of the Na Pali Coast. We hiked to a hidden beach. It was kind of a cool little place. Once again the view was AMAZING!




















The church we went to.. It was such a nice and friendly ward. They sang to us and gave us some home made leis. We loved it! Definately a highlight!















The delicious Hula Pie! This was our last night on the Island.. This pie was AMAZING!! I wish I could have another right now!

10 comments:

Riley and Brittney said...

Anne,
I'm so jealous - it looks like you had so much fun!! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, so next time you go you better take me and Riley!!
Love Britt

Nilsson Family said...

Yes, I have been waiting to see some pictures. But where are the ones when your in your hott binkini?? Looks so pretty and I am so glad you were able to go. You deserved it!! Love ya

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

Hey cousins!
I am so jealous of your trip! Freaking looks and sounds amazing!
That sweet that you guys got to go away for awhile and chill. Love you both!

Kyle and Amy said...

That looks like it was SO fun! Im glad you two finally got to have a nice honeymoon.

Andrea said...

Anne Scott and I are going there in August, you gotta tell us what to do! You guys look like you had a blast, I can't wait.

angela said...

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith" never did get back to me about their camera, so I actually just looked at some of their older posts with the label "photography" until I found the info. She uses a Canon EOS 5D... a.k.a. a really, really nice camera.

... said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love that PIE! It is seriously to die for! How lucky you are you got to go on the trip, I am jealous!

The Grandys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheGrandys said...

Oh my little Anne! It was fun to find your blog, and of all places to see pics of Kauai! That is where Brad and I went on our honeymoon! :) I was loving looking at all of these because we have pictures in all the same places. Even that same little church! ha :) We loved the Na Pali coast hike, and we did the boat ride also, it was so fun! I'll have to send you some of our pics to your e-mail you will laugh how similar they are :) It has been way to long since I have seen or talked to you, hope everything is going well! Love ya :)

Chelsea Leavitt said...

I am officially jealous. I think I am the only person left that has not been to Hawaii and I want to go soooo bad. I am glad you guys had such a great spring break/honeymoon. Hope to see you guys soon.