Friday, March 13, 2009

Good Times!!


Ya BiRdS!





Well, I am officially no longer an athlete at SUU!! I can't believe it! Basketball has been a HUGE part of my life and it is unreal to think that I will no longer compete seriously anymore! I have SOOO many mixed feelings about it being over. First off, I have to admit I am very much relieved! Basketball has been the biggest, most time consuming commitment for me. I have constantly had to worry about getting in the gym, staying in shape, watching what I eat, getting enough sleep... etc.. for 8 years now! So honestly, it feels great not having to worry about all that anymore! I'm not going to lie, I haven't worked out or even thought about working out for about 2 weeks now, and im not going to for a while! But, at the same time it is VERY sad! I am going to miss it a whole lot! I will miss being around all of my teammates, working hard everyday,playing in front of my family and home town, traveling all over the United States, setting goals and most of all just the game of basketball!! But, like Lance always reminds me,
"The only thing constant in life is change!" I loved my time at SUU, and honestly playing basketball has taught me so much. I have had to go through alot of hard times and good times with basketball, and because of that I think I am a better person! It will be fun to move onto the next phase in my life and focus on being a wife and hopefully getting a job!!



I'm not sure if you all knew this, but I am a gangster in training. Tiny G taught me everything i know about being a straight up gangser!! Just check out those signs were flashing!! Hardcore! Traveling was always long, but alot of fun at the same time! I'm going to miss everyone!

We had a big family party on Lances birthday!! It was so much fun. I had my last home game on the same night as his birthday, so afterwards we went up to my parents and had cake and ice cream.. Lance's mom Kris even made the Higbee's famous Alamo tacos! It was so much fun to be with everyone!Lance is still in denial that he is 23! He wants to stay young forever! His cake by the way, was AMAZING!! we layered ice cream sandwiches, then we spread a layer of snickers ice cream cake over them, followed by another row of sandwhiches. Then we spread cool whip and topped it with crumbled snickers!! It seriously was so good. I highly recommend it! Lance had a good day, and I am so glad he is my husband!! He is always happy and in a good mood and makes my life good!

2 comments:

Cade, Kim, Jadyn said...

So crazy that you are done Anne! I know you will miss it. But its sweet you can take it easy for awhile. Now you have more time to come visit me HA HA

Milly said...

uh hi anne its me milly i want some updated pictures iam way ahead of you come on teacher i still have so much to learn but i kind of am getting it. it was so fun having you guys here love you two