Tuesday, November 4, 2008



Coach Hod passed away yesterday, Nov. 3. It happened so quickly, and it still seems as if it's not real. He was an amazing man and coach, and I am so thankful that I had the oppurtunity to be coached by him for the past 2 1/2 years. He taught me so much, not only about basketball, but about life. He was a fighter... I don't think anyone really knows how much he had to go through, but I NEVER heard him complain about his circumstances once, and there were many times he could have. He came to practice everyday until he physically couldn't anymore. Even though he could barely sit up in his chair, he was there on the sidelines watching us and coaching us until they had to take him to the hospital. He never gave up on us as a team, and has helped me to become a much better person and player. Our team was fortunate enough to go see him the day before he died and I am so thankful I had the oppurtunity to hug him and say goodbye to him. Even though he was deadly sick, he told our team that he planned on coming back to practice soon.. Once again, a fighter!!! His last words of advice to us were, " We gotta get to work ladies, we've got to take care of our business!" I loved that man and will miss him very much.

9 comments:

Kristi Barnes said...

How is the team holding up? I'm sure everyone is pretty bummed...I know I am! Hope you guys can do really well, I'm sure Hod is watching

ginger said...

Sorry Anne. He sounds like an awesome coach and man.

Nilsson Family said...

Anne I am sorry to hear that. I am glad he stayed so positive clear till the end, that takes a great man. And we know he is definetly at a better place.

kadeandmaddie said...

Anne, I didn't know you were a blogger!!! I'm glad I found it and I'm sorry about Coach Hod. Kade and his family have been really bummed about it. Hope everything is good and hope to talk to you soon

Whitney Shurtz said...

Hey anne! I'm so glad you found me in this massive blogging world!! I didn't realize I was out of the loop until I began my own. You look so good and happy...isn't married life the best? Yeah, my belly is getting big, only 2 more months to go! We're having a shower around thanksgiving time so if you're around you'll have to stop by. I miss ya! I am sorry to hear about Hodson, but I am glad he is out of pain. Poor guy has suffered long enough. I hope b-ball is going well and that our kickin butt..my Grandma says you are amazing! She gives me the updates. Take care and keep in touch.

Beau and Jamie said...

Anne! you look so beautiful in your dress! I'm glad I found you on here! Best of luck with bball this year, I'll be coming to a few of your games cuz I just moved back to town!
Cya around!

The Wrights said...

Hey guys.. we didn't know you had a blog??? We are adding you to ours. Add us too if you want. dallasandlizzy.blogspot.com Your blog is so cute! Anne- how is basketball going?? Are you guys ready for Christmas break to be here already?

The Wrights said...

Also we are sorry to hear about your coach. Dallas and I had no idea?? Hope your hanging in there.

Kyle and Amy said...

Anne! Could you email me your address aimanderson55@yahoo.com