Monday, September 13, 2010

THE AZ!

Well, we finally have access to internet, so I thought I would catch everyone up! We made it to Glendale!! It was a pretty easy move, and thanks to Lances dad and my parent's we were able to get things organized really good down here! Our ward is already awesome, there were 6 guys waiting to load everything upstairs for us, things couldn't have gone smoother! Lance is now 3 weeks into school and he is doing awesome! He got a big, fat, WHOPPING 93% on his first exam.. and let me tell you, it is REALLY hard, in depth material.. I occasionally peek at his computer to see the jibberish that he is studying.. It makes me dry heave..I can't believe him!! I just hope his smart jeans rub off on our kids.. But he is loving it, and loving the challenge.. He studies from 7am to 7 pm, eats dinner, then studies till bedtime! Friday nights have become our "date night" and I already look forward to these times! Last friday we found a Discount Cinema and went to a cheap movie that only cost $3.00! We have allowed us $20.00 a month for dates, so we will have to get pretty creative.. It's not easy being so poor! As for me, I am living a great life right now! I am enjoying keeping up the house, and pride myself in having meals ready for Lance when he gets home.. I don't know how long this will last, but its alot of fun right now to try out new recipes.. I also am busy painting things, decorating my house, and sewing things.. hahaha, I sound lame.. Anyways, did I mention we live at a RESORT!!! It was the best decision of our lives to live in these apts. An awesome pool, hot tub, gated entry, and my favorite.. a workout room.. Oh ya, and there are lakes all around our apartment!! We love it. I will take some pictures soon to show!

Also, I wanted to give a shout out to Hasky!! I don't really know why, but she asked me too.. I really miss her..

Anyways, life is good.. We have made some good friends already so that always makes everything better. We definately miss our families, but we are really enjoying this time because we know it's going to go by faster then we think! Hope everyone is doing good!

On our way to Arizona! I don't know why I was holding up the map.. we were using our GPS..

Please ignore the boxes and un-hung things around us.. we were still in the process of unpacking! But, This is our first nice dinner in AZ.. I attempted to make my Mom's famous rolls.. nothing close to hers, but they were actually pretty good! Lance is holding up his steak and his favorite cup..

This is the only part of our apt that is decorated.. Yes, that is a door.. Yes, It is there on purpose.. I love the door.. Lots of people don't really "get" the door.. We have found that it is a great conversation piece however.. what do you think?
We made it to the mesa temple! This is what you get when you put your camera on timer on your car.. a little lop-sided! But it was a very nice temple.. an older one so it was very unique and beautiful!!!The pillows I made.. I'm not sure about this one right above.. don't judge me.. I feel very vulnerable.. Its really hard to make a pillow cover to fit perfectly! Oh well, it was a fun thing to make..

7 comments:

elysebeard said...

I love "the door". i "get" the door. Love it. And I've been waiting to see how you guys are doing forever! So i don't have a life, whatever. glad things are going so well for you two!!

whitney said...

Anne Im so glad you up dated! And Im happy your doing good. I was bummed i couldnt come to your send off lunch! My dad sure misses ya at the bank. Well keep things current on here so I can keep up with ya, and tell Lance good luck with school. love ya!

kadeandmaddie said...

glad your enjoying Az! Just wait for next month. You will never want to leave. Call me next time you are in Mesa!

Kade and Kaylee said...

We are super excited to have you guys living at the same apt. complex with us! I feel like my schedule has been so crazy since you got here that we haven't really got a chance to hang out! Call me and we will have to meet up at the pool sometime!

Chad and Brittany said...

I love the door and the wall decals. So cute. I can't wait to see it. I'm glad you finally have the internet. We really miss you guys. Its like our social life took a deep plunge I mean other than hanging out with our parents which is great but we just really miss you guys. I'm glad your having fun though.

Nilsson Family said...

Oh, that made me miss you two!! And I just figured out why I do not get 93's on my test. Its because lance took all of the smart genetics and left me with none, but luckily he had no room for good looks and I got all of those. Ha Ha!! Love you both and Anne I must say I will be there to wreck your nice clean house soon:)Try cleaning up after us!! Thats fun that you are making dinner like that, your such a good cook.

Jared said...

I really like the pillows.Your crafty. Glad your enjoying Az. By the way I love your posts. There funny. Your awesome.